Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Onions, Beans, Peas, OH MY!!

I had previously stated of how the garden is growing like, out of control. I guess I dont mean OUT of control. I have just never planted a garden or dealt with a garden that is doing as well as this garden is!!!!!
Here are some of the fruits (or veggies haha) of our labor!


Here are majority of the peas that were growing. I think I got them all picked. The onions I grabbed a handful because today I am going to ATTEMPT to make refrigerator pickles. We will see how that turns out. And the beans...oh boy. That is like only 1/6 of the beans that are actually out there. I need to get BACK out there and pick the rest. I am just at the point of I dont know what to do with it. It is not that I dont want it. I love the fresh veggies, and the point of planting a garden to get produce and keep it for winter or whatever. I just dont know how to keep it all. Do I freeze? Do I can? What the heck is the difference?! So that is where this feeling of over whelming-ness comes from. 

The Beans are out of control!!!

On a happier note...have you noticed the blog change.....OH yah!!!! It is that time of year again!!!!! Amy's FIRST annual 29th birthday!!!!! Pretty sure I will get nothing. Brent already bought me golf clubs that I used once because then my golf ladies havent been golfing since. sigh.
Then other than that, Brent doesnt take my kids shopping or anything, so again, pretty sure that equals to Amy gets nothing. We will see. 

I need a nap today. I Am so stinking tired. Maybe it would help if I didnt stay up so darn late every night. 

That is all I know folks! I will update when I "attempt" to make refrigerator pickles! BAHA! 

2 comments:

Taryn said...

OMG fridge pickles, I am DYING. They are SO GOOD.

You have so much from your garden already! Holy crapballs! I wish my garden was producing...we are just waiting still...hopefully in about 2 weeks we'll have stuff! :)

Unknown said...

yes it is nuts!!!!!! yah you got a late start on your garden! I got mine in at a pretty decent time this time !!!!! I am sure you will get lots!!! Yah you should see my pumpkins!! I will be shipping you pumpkins. hahahaahaha